sábado, 4 de junio de 2011

What ECA has done to me

ECA has been my home, my community, my school for the past 5 years of
my life. I entered in 5th grade, the transition from Venezuelan school
to ECA was hard, but I managed to survive my first year even though my
best friend moved. Which meant,, that I needed to find another best
friend in my first year of middle school. Throughout these 5 years in
ECA I've learned how to respect, and understand other cultures. Being
from a Venezuelan I really didn't have much understanding, and
tolerance for different people. But, that day when Shaika asked all of
the girls to be quite while she prayed towards the Meca in the middle
of a camp in the countryside of Venezuela, made me see things from a
different prospective. I met many people at ECA, some that I've shared
memories for 5 years, and others who just come and go. Even though
it's hard to see people come and go so much, it's great to know that
you have friends all over the world. Today, I concluded, that even
though I personally think ECA is not the place for me, it has made me
into a good, understanding, honest, tolerant, and responsible person.
I've recollected uncountable memories here, and promise to never let
them recede away.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario